- Welcome back to school! For more info on our schedules and calendars, click on the image above!
- Check out what's happening around SOM with our weekly newsletter!
- Who's got Spirit? Check out this week's Spirit Week Activities!
- Join our Southwest Middle School Family at the 5th Annual Jose Montano 5K walk and fun run. Proceeds go to the Jose Montano Foundation.
- Prevent Fatal Cardiac Arrest in Youth
FREE Heart Screening For Ages12-25
Sunday, October 15• 9am to 3pm at Southwest High School
1685 Hollister Street, San Diego, CA 92154
- Download the YumYummi App to check out what's for lunch!
- Need a place to study? Use the internet or get tech support? Library is now open later on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7AM-4PM!
- Friday's Pep Rally set the tone for an exciting and STEAMy new year at SOM! Welcome Buccaneers!
- This is what School-wide STEAM looks like at SOM! Students and Staff participated in our first ever School Wide STEAM Challenge this past Friday!
- Congratulations SOM ! Gold Ribbon Award Winners
Southwest Middle School - Inspiring New Traditions
- Buccaneers celebrate the culture and music of our community with a Cinco de Mayo festival. Students showcased their talent, hard work and pride in this acoustic culmination. Great job Buccaneers for putting the "A" in our STEAM program and special thanks to our guests: US Congressman Juan Vargas, who emphasized the importance of celebrating one's heritage; Dr. Karen Janney, our superintendent of schools; Board member, Paula Hall and various other community members and media outlets. Photo credits: San Diego Union Tribune and Mr. Bill Walsh.
- STEAMy happenings at SOM:
8th grade science students work with Dr. Victor Minces and Dr. Alex Khalil from UCSD to study wave forms through the science of music.
(lower right) Students in Ms. Uriarte's World Cultures test their Marshmallow Catapults in looking at the engineering advancements made during Medieval times.
- Buccaneers spent the evening at the San Diego Opera in downtown San Diego!
- Buccaneers spent their day learning from scientists at Takeda during Friday's fieldtrip.