On behalf of the Sweetwater Union High School District, please join us for a presentation on facility master plans. School Site Master Plans identify facility needs, and assist in developing the future of our campuses. A presentation of the master plan will be followed by community engagement focus groups, for each campus. Thank you for the opportunity to collaborate with your community.
Date: May 30, 2018
Location: Southwest Middle, Library
Time: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
For more information please contact: 619-585-6003 or email@example.com
“The Priority Sector Career Posters highlight career pathways within San Diego’s five Priority Sectors”. All 5 sectors are heavy in STEM! Learn more about the 5 fastest growing job sectors in San Diego County by clicking on the image below!
We encourage you as individuals, classes, and schools to participate in Autism Awareness Month. Here is a list of activities you can do to raise awareness and acceptance of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders:
1. Watch a video to educate yourself on Autism such as:
2. Post facts about autism on large puzzle pieces around the school or talk about them in the morning announcements:
· 1 in 68 kids have autism
More boys than girls are born with autism
· Autism is a disability that makes it hard to talk to other kids
· Having autism makes it hard to know how to socialize with other kids
Something like lights and noises bother some kids with autism more than they might bother you
· Everyone is different, being different is not a bad thing, we are all different
· Kids with autism look just like you and I do
· Kids with autism like to have friends they just don’t know how to make them
· Kids with autism have feelings just like you and I do
3. Read a book about autism:
· Of Mice and Aliens by Kathy Hoopman
· Buster and the Amazing Daisy by Nancy Ogaz
· Lisa and the Lace Maker by Kathy Hoopman
· Wishing on the Midnight Star by Nancy Ogaz
· Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night by Mark Haddon
· A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon Clay by Colby Rodowsky
· Haze by Kathy Hoopman To OZ and Back: A Bones and Duchess Mystery by Alexandra Eden
· A Wizard Alone: The Sixth Book in the Young Wizards Series by Diane Duane
This is a fundraiser walk/run on March 24th. The funds support grants for educators to support students with autism. Currently Dave Kerr and Daniel Smirniotis are having a competition to see who can raise the most money.
5. Hold a poster or door decorating completion to increase awareness about autism.
6. Research about famous people with autism.
7. Have a sensory sensitive day at school with no bells or florescent lights
8. Join Sweetwater Autism Team At BJ’s on April 10th for a fundraiser to Support students with autism in SUHSD
Southwest Middle School will be hosting a school-wide Hour of Code event next Thursday, December 14th in honor of International Computer Science Week and Admiral Grace Hopper’s birthday (December 9th).
Our district’s Computer Science teachers community and I would like to invite you and our students to participate in this year’s Hour of Code Event during Computer Science Education week, December 4 – 9! Many schools in our district will be conducting individual classes to school-wide activities for the Hour of Code next week. Last year, we had several hundred students participate across the district, and we hope to increase those numbers this year!
I am hoping that you will support our district’s Computer Science program by helping us share out the Hour of Code information by placing information on our district and individual school Web sites about the Hour of Code and Computer Science Education week.
Every year we have done this, both students and staff have responded that they really enjoyed the experience! We hope that you will be willing to allow our students to participate in this year’s Hour of Code Event!
If you have any questions, please contact me. For more information about the Hour of Code, please check out the following!