The SOM Associated Student Body (ASB) is responsible for creating a positive school culture around the campus through spirit activities and school fundraisers. Students in the ASB work together with the ASB Advisor to support all students. We are responsible for daily sales in the Student Store (Athletic Gear, SOM Spirit Gear, Yearbooks, school supplies) and the Snack Bar (healthy snacks and drinks based on California Health Regulations).
Click here to visit our website: ASB website
Follow us on Instagram! @ southwestm_asb
The ASB at Southwest Middle School consist of student leaders from 7th and 8th grade. Our ASB Officers (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer) were elected by their peers. They work with and lead a group of ASB Commissioners (finance/sales, store sales, spirit and activities) to make Southwest Middle School a great place to be. The ASB focuses on affecting students at the social and emotional level and have a little fun while they are at it. They focus on teaching students how to improve communication skills, human and group relations, carrying out responsibilities, and self-awareness. In turn, what the ASB does for Southwest Middle School is as follows:
- Create a connection between Southwest Middle and our community with fundraisers.
- Plan and carry out assemblies, academic recognitions, and other school-wide events.
- Plan and execute spirit days and spirit activities to create a supportive environment for extracurricular activities.
- Uphold the financial responsibilities necessary to maintain a fully-running store, snack bar, and school-wide student activities.
- Work with clubs and organizations to maintain a fun, active, and safe school culture.
Want to know more about the ASB? Visit our website, Instagram page, or contact our ASB Advisor!
ASB Advisor: Esther Parrenas
ASB Office Phone: (619) 628-4050 *Currently unavailable through distance learning