La Mision de Southwest Middle School.pdf
The Mission of Southwest Middle School, a diverse bi-national border community, is to foster a rigorous academic program in a caring, supportive culture that empowers all students to succeed academically, socially, and emotionally through a system of learning distinguished by:
- data-driven instruction focused on a standards-based curriculum
- Professional Learning Communities comprised of teachers, administrators, district and county personnel working collaboratively to assess data and best teaching practices
- learning community partnerships comprised of students, parents, site support personnel, and community-based organizations
- a community commitment to high standards of performance
- various forums and leadership opportunities for all voices to be included in the decision-making process
- a commitment to the continuous social and emotional growth of students
- 100% of our students will demonstrate mastery of content standards.
- 100% of our students will succeed in activities that promote social and emotional well-being.
- 100% of Southwest Middle School parents will attend a school-sponsored function.
1. We will use effective and innovative instructional practices to help all students achieve the mission and objectives.
2. We will use and develop systems to ensure a culture that promotes mastery of content standards.
3. We will implement programs that promote the social and emotional well-being of students.
4. We will expand parent and community involvement to achieve our mission and objectives.